Since its foundation in 1971, the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM) has dedicated itself to raising the profile of European Management Research with respect to other established scientific disciplines as well as the business world.
EIASM's mission is to enhance high quality in research and doctoral studies in management and related disciplines. This means that EIASM has the purpose:
- to strengthen European management research in general
- to encourage and facilitate the initiation and the co-ordination of joint scientific research in management led by outstanding European researchers
- to stimulate the interaction between management scholars in Europe
- to enhance the development and the quality of doctoral student education in the field of management in Europe
In order to fulfil its mission EIASM:
- develops and sustains collaborative networks of European management scholars
- organises conferences, seminars and workshops on both state-of-the-art and path-breaking scientific research
- offers doctoral seminars and other activities to strengthen the education of a new generation of European management scholars
EIASM - the European “Network of Networks for Researchers and Doctoral Students in Management”
EIASM might best be described as the central node of a set of networks bringing together Management scholars from throughout Europe - as well as enabling communication between Europe and other parts of the world. The member associations supported by EIASM facilitate access to and entry into the most dynamic circles of Management scientists in Europe.
EIASM's network currently comprises more than 50.000 registered members professionally involved in Management research and/or teaching.